Today's my birthday! My 33rd on the 3rd - isn't that birthday called something special??? Or wait, I think that is when you turn the number of your birth date - 3 on the 3rd. Any who!! I thought I'd do something a little different today. I want you readers to know me. I know I love learning stuff about the people who's blogs I read, so what do you say!? And what better day to tell you a little about me than on my birthday. My gift to you - blah! Gag me with a spoon!! Ha! I'll share some fun, little known facts about myself.
- I was the third girl born in Russell, Kansas in 1978. There were two girls born before me. As the first three babies of the year, we were called "The Queen and Her Court". Not that it means much, but my parents did get free stuff!
- I hate limp hand shakes.
- My pet peeve is when people misspell dessert. You know, when they spell it with only one "s" and it becomes desert instead? Wanna know a fun way to remember that correct spelling of dessert vs. desert? You only want to spend one day in the desert (one S), but second helpings of desserts are always welcome (two SS).
- I like flat soda. Weird, right!?
- I love Fruity Pebbles cereal. I know, I know. I don't need any lectures about how awful they are for me. Besides, I only have them about once a year. I think I like them so much because I couldn't have them as a kid.
- I love traveling. Seeing the world and learning new things... It gets me excited! I think what I like most about traveling is it teaches me things about myself that I didn't even know. Beyond being fun, it makes me grow.
- I get super nervous meeting new people. I'm a wreck!
- I wear a size 11 shoe! Thanks to my second pregnancy, my feet never returned to their normal size. Do you know how hard it is to find cute shoes in size 11!?
- I am married to my high school sweetheart. We started dating in October of 1996!!!! Oh my gosh, I old!
- I'm a sucker for a good scavenger hunt!
- Brown is my favorite neutral - I use it everywhere!
Okay, now for some really fun info! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow!? Going to a Martha Show taping!!! I'm so excited! One of my best friends is here from Portland and she surprised me with tickets to the show for my birthday. Isn't that fantastic!? What a gift right!? I'll tell you guys all about it.